In accordance with the new Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), North Island Publishing has introduced the following principles and procedures:
- Accountability North Island Publishing has designated a Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with PIPEDA. North Island Publishing will inform all third party customers and partners of these policies. All employees of North Island Publishing have been made aware of and have a copy of these policies.
- Identifying Purposes
North Island Publishing collects information concerning an individual in a business environment. This information includes an individual’s name, title, business name, mailing address, phone, fax and email, business classification and demographics. This information is collected for the following reasons:
- in order to send the magazine to an individual
- in order to determine if an individual qualifies for a complimentary subscription to the magazine
- in order to renew/requalify an individual as a subscriber
- in order to help direct editorial content to satisfy the readers’ needs
- in order to ensure advertisers they are reaching their targeted audience
- in order to provide information to reputable third party customers whose products/services may be relevant to our readers
- in order to fulfil circulation audit requirements
- Consent Consent is given at the time an individual requests a subscription to North Island Publishing that their information will be used to send the magazine and any mail pertaining to their subscription. Unless specified, an individual also gives consent for North Island Publishing to make their name available to third party customers whose products/services may be relevant to our readers. An individual has the option to “opt-out” or remove their information from any or all lists at any given time.
- Limiting Collection North Island Publishing collects no data beyond which is stated in Article 2 above.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention The collection of information will be limited to those purposes for which it was collected. The information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. Information will only be made available to those companies and individuals necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. North Island Publishing will only provide information to third party customers from records which contain a business name.
- Accuracy North Island Publishing will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information under its control is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards North Island Publishing will take reasonable steps to protect information through security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Original documentation is kept, for circulation audit purposes, on the premises in a secure location. Computers and databases are password protected. A backup of the databases is made on a daily basis and overwritten every 28 days. These backups are kept in a secure location. Copies of the mailing list are transmitted to our mailing partners at the time of mailing, and decoy addresses are included to track any unauthorized use of the list.
- Openness North Island Publishing will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of information. An individual will be able to acquire information about these policies by any one of the means listed at the end of this policy (see “How to Contact us”).
- Individual Access North Island Publishing will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of their information, and will provide access to the information. An individual can change or remove the information at any given time. Upon request, North Island Publishing will inform an individual with a list of the third party customers to whom their information has been made available.
- Challenging Compliance An individual will be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the Policy Officer. All challenges will be handled in a timely fashion. If necessary, North Island Publishing will take appropriate measures to amend its policies and practices.
How to Contact us
North Island Publishing can be contacted by any of the following means:
- by phone 905-625-7070/1-800-331-7408 - by fax 905-625-4856
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- on the web www.northisland.ca
- in writing or in person
North Island Publishing Ltd.
8-1606 Sedlescomb Dr
Ricoh books largest ever exhibit at Print World
August 22 2012